Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Jogjakarta The Return

Nothing much has happened after UnaVoce, I have been busy catching up on my reading and watching dvds, have been trying to do the bloody laundry but the weather has been really sublime/mellow these past couple of days. The preperation for Pop Station is pretty slow, but surely we will be set to go this August.

We will be having a new tenant at the end of this month, a bunch of graphic artists turn graffiti artists or also known as The Artivists will be taking over Dovan's space. I am pretty much looking forward to their presence, hopefully, KYTV could do something with them or vice versa.

The last time I went to Jogjakarta was 2 years ago for a Fusion Strength, a performance art meeting, it was a pretty amazing trip, met loads of people and did loads of wonderful things, and visited Borobudur. What I love about Jogjakarta is the youth culture definitely, the spiriit of D-I-Y was alive and as you roam the streets.

Almost 40% of the population in Jogja are artists, musicians, art workers or craftsmen, even the buskers on the streets were pretty good. I am waiting to be inspired again....

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ah, the Artivists, i know one of them-Sulaiman..but I don't think he is moving in there with the rest of his gang..they are quite cool...

7:58 PM  
Blogger TIRAMISU said...

Yeah, I know Sulaiman and the rest of them....

8:49 PM  
Blogger mad lynette said...

is sulaiman, the guy that works for earllu gallery?

10:11 PM  
Blogger TIRAMISU said...

That is Suhirman la...

12:26 AM  
Blogger Sarip Dol said...

kirimkan kretek boleh?

8:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sulaiman is my girlfriend Suhana Zainal's fiance ^__________^

yah, suhirman now works in earl lu,he shaved his head and shaved his brain as well..wahahaahaa

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home