Friday, November 25, 2005

Still Alive in Fukuoka

Friday,25th November 2005,
11:23hrs,
FUkuoka Asian Art Museum.

We were invited to a dinner by the museum, it was pretty 'upper-cut' with all these middle-aged women in their kimonos serving us. There were like flaming hot pots on the table, they were cooking prawns and oysters while they were still alive right in front of my eyes. So you can see them gyrating to the heat of the pot. Nevermind that, I was starving, so I just dipped my food with any sauce, no I was wrong, they have different sauces for different meat.

So we had the typical Japanese come together game, where you have to go around looking for signatures, well, I was too tired, so I just sat there meddling with my food.

Then came the Whale soup, yes, soup with whale meat, I had no choice but to skip that, I couldnt...maybe because of too many documentaries about whales on discovery channel, I can't bare to swallow a whale meat into my body.

After the interesting dinner, we followed Chakrit (one of the participating Thai artist) to this totally awesome dark bar called Anderoid, and it had Godard film posters on the wall of the toilet. Plus replica of Man Rays' photography works all over the interior.

Its the eve of the performance, so its getting more and more intense, as this performance is inter-changeble, the audience will get to decide the scenes based on their claps, we have to make sure of all the possibilities and impossibilities for both the performers and technical crew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home