Monday, January 23, 2006

My Mumbai Experience

Mumbai was an experience which I can never forget, the environment, people, food, sound, air and of course nothing or sort were made up of our pre-conceived Bollywood dreams. There were slumps, ghettos, poverty, hierarchy, post-colonialisation, nice sunsets and crazy traffic.

We spent most of the time at the workshop and back to the hotel with 60 channels to choose from, which most of them were Bollywood channels, though there was VH1 which saved me from my lonely nights.
The young actors were fantastic, they were so engaging nevertheless, we managed to devise a rough piece, which I would say a decent accomplishment. We experimented with all kinds of magic, to the point of exhaustion, but the 5 days we spent together brought us into a form of union that I really cherished most.

Now that I am back in Singapore, I have to face the reality all over again, it seemes like beginning of the year, not the end of the month. Are we really all pampered in Singapore? We are so used to cleanliness, moral values and social conduct. Every morning, as I stepped into the lobby of the hotel, they played the 'ohm' chant on loop, it was really soothing.

I am grateful with life at this moment, all of us know we can't change the world, but there are things we can do. What we see and can't understand is something that we have to swallow. We are all inter-connected in some ways...

1 Comments:

Blogger X said...

got to know yer blog from cookiss99

i have to agree with the inter-connected part, like droplets of rain that have forgotten we were once the ocean

pls do drop by my blog if yer have the time =)

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home