Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Mid Year is Approaching

It has been quite a while, life has been quite a private affair...rehearsals and watching loads of dvds, catching up with reading and making wholesome breakfast with Cuppa Roma coffee.

Last night, I watched a super classic film, 'Black Orpheus' by Marcel Camus, a film set in the 60s in Rio, the film introduced Bossanova to the world. It was an amazing technicolor feature with the famous Carneval experience during those period, featuring mostly black actors. The soundtrack was by Antonio Carlos Jobim, the pioneer of Bossa, throughout the film you can see all these Brazilians dancing throughout to manic samba beats. A must watch and you can find the DVD at the Esplanade Library.

Plus that, the maestro of deadpan style films, Jim Jarmusch's Broken Flowers, they are selling the VCD at Video Ezy for $10, watch it for the cool soundtrack by Ethiopian Jazz maestro Mulatu Astatke, and of course, if you are a fan of Jarmursch, you should watch this one.

Beginning to feel the heat to my Masters programme in July, so I think I better prepare something for my thesis and clean up my junkfilled work station.

Polling day is around the corner, and I could see my favourite politicians hanging on lamposts by the roadside, sometimes they get washed down by the rain. I realised something, the PAP crew have make up on, maybe cosmetic powder on these self-portraits, or may digital touch-ups. Hmmm...

SO people let's PARTY PARTY PARTY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home