Friday, June 27, 2008

Naples Day 4

Its already Friday, our opening night, there was a fire in the building last night right before our full dress. Can you imagine, while you are standing by backstage, a bunch of firemen is right behind you. Weird, but its Napoli... most of us performing are beginning to realise the dry air.

The space is so huge that the energy that you have to give is a maximum overdrive. So much so, that I had to keep drinking water backstage, my throat gets dry constantly...its like playing an away match with AC Milan or something. Najib is down with food poisoning, we suspected the mussels he ate that night was uncooked. He had Cozze Zuppa di Mare, a signature Neopolitan dish, massive mussels and huge squids above bread soaked in tomato soup.

Last night, we had cup noodle, courtesy of Ema and Fared who brought along a mini cooking stove. We have consumed too much cheese and tomato sauce the past couple of days, I believe our Asian bodies are reacting to it in a rapid manner. This afternoon we went searching for kebabs, we met Nora in one of the Kebab place not far from our hotel. She told us not to eat here, turn back and find another place, for the kebab was quite bad.

We walked around till we found a golden arch, they you have it, a Big Mac meal, a nice change, a familiar taste. It was so bad but so good. After lunch, walked a bit more in search of gifts, we found a lane with Africans selling peripherals from Senegal, and at the corner we found an Arab grocery store selling halal salami.

Fashion for woman here is so 'This Fashion', I am not sure maybe it is summer, but their fashion is quite horrid. There's like a mini pasar malam behind our hotel which reminds me of Petaling Street in KL, they sell all kinds of B-grade clothings and apparels.

Our show is opening tonight, a sold out show, I am curious of the reaction that we are going to get later. I hurt my knee last night after the run, I definitely need a knee guard for tonights show. Breaking some leg...

I am still thinking of what to get for my bee here, I need her help.

1 Comments:

Blogger outofmyhair said...

Bee bee hope you're fine there. Lets eat nasi padang when you're back.. Missing you loads

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home