Tuesday, April 26, 2005

The Poster Boy

My mum called me this morning and said that I was in the Berita Harian (the Malay Newspaper), it was a pretty huge photo with me sitting down in a comfortable posture and a broad smile with the residual objects from the performance last Friday.

Yesterday, spent half of the day speaking to the press about my works, then paid a visit to the Crazy CD sale; bought Bill Withers for Sab, FishBone, Manic Street Preachers and George Clinton's P-Funk for Ahmad. The second half of the day was at Ahmad's, figuring out the songs for Tiramisu's recording this Thursday.

Chilled with the dudes from Studio 19, who lived across the streets, brought the Sake I got from Yuko who came last August, spent the night away sprouting nonsense and strumming silly melodies, with a spoof of a guitar ensemble. There were so many guitars lying around in the studio and Yazer was like telling everybody he's going to conduct a guitar class.

I have been heavily doing research on Mike Patton, the former singer of Faith No More, the band whom I used to listen to and totally devoted with arms raised in a V. I used to have a Faith No More T-shirt, and I wore it to my relatives', and they thought I had lost my faith.

Anyway, I didn't realise he is such an avant-gardist, he has played with John Zorn, Merzbow, Mr Bungle and Bjork....his voice is amazing...he can go both extremes....he could do a crooner to a death metal screamer...Viva RASTAPA!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dazed and Confused Ili said...

no pictures in the online version of the article. hhmmpff

10:57 PM  
Blogger TIRAMISU said...

yes...I know that...he cameoed in loads of other stuff too! I don't know where he finds the time to do all these....plus he has his own label!

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home