Friday, January 13, 2006

Senses Ricochet

Ka5 has left for New York last night, and I am leaving for Mumbai tomorrow morning. I will be working with a really exciting Theatre group called Working Title. Loads of workshops and new things to learn. (yay)

Dropped by Lasalle for Encounters, a talk by a Dutch artist IEPE who invented Chess Boxing, kinda like his works, its been a while since I have attended an art talk. Well, a talk is still a talk, how much changes can you expect from a talk.

I have stopped questioning the state of Singapore Art, because I am tired or maybe I find it a distraction, or it could be an exhaustion. I used to be this intense/aggresive person when it comes to art, but I am not sure of what has gotten into me that I feel I have finished with the questioning the definition.

I am more interested in swimming, how do swimmers do a butterfly? Or watching a good movie, and order in some junk food, having coffee while listening to the rain drops. The process of doing my laundry and folding them nicely onto the shelves. This self-shut mechanism is a form of retaliation maybe, or just finding that peace or whatsoever.

Well, I am still interested in creating, but the baggage surrounding that creation feels like an unwanted catastrophe, from people, environment, situation, and many other things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home