Thursday, March 02, 2006

Pain of A Million Ants: De-Brief

'I just wanna celebrate another day of living.'- Rare Earth

I still can't imagine how I could survive yesterday, with only 2 hours of sleep, teach (the distance not near, from Siglap to Yishun), then off to Substation and performed as The Freaky Jerk (as mentioned by Zai).

The process of P.A.M was fairly interesting, we started out with a small conversation, how do we present ourselves in a space with the subject of healing and suffering? Pain of A Million Ants is an experiment where 4 artists of different field come together and explore on site of what is to suffer and to heal.

One hour of improvisation/experimentation/exploration/mutilation/dismemberment, and what do you get? The raw effect of the piece was part endurance and part concentration. It was a total ritualistic annihilation, it is like jumping into a lake of fire and trying to survive it without scars. Progressive interest from the audience and performers.

Life is moving at full speed, and I am not turning back this time, I realised something about myself, when I talk about something...I have this bad habit of talking in fragments or fabricate them badly. It could be my thinking process is like doodling thoughts, its good when you are dealing it with yourself, but in general communication, it is difficult to pass it through. And it will fall into the pit of beating around the bush.

darn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home