Sunday, October 29, 2006

Back to The Drawing Board

Nothing much has happened, been busy hybernating, watching tons of dvds, my favourite indulgence. The list of films:

1. Art School Confidential
2. My Summer of Love
3. Akeelah and The Bee
4. The Exorcism of Emily Rose
5. Lake House (this one is not my choice)
6. Munich
7. Once Upon a Time in Mexico

And of course, Cake Theatre's new irreverent piece, 'Cheek', Lim Kay Siu was awesome, and the whole piece was as mad as ever, though I felt the space was too small, and the speakers were just too close to the audience. At some point, it felt a bit jarring, but nevertheless, enjoyed it very much.

Recently, Esam from Stoned Revivals sent me a link where I could download their songs for free, http://amiestreet.com/stonedrevivals, go download them while you still can.

3 of my favourite Stoned Revivals songs of all time: Goodil, Loose Boogie and Stoned Alleycat. The songs created a kind of benchmarks in my life, my favourite line in Loose Boogie, " Do you want to be alone? In love with your own soul, and the death between your eyes, I wish that they were mine..." / "Are you still my lonely, totalitarian?" Its like where did Esam get those lines?

Where are you soulful days? How do we move on, when we are stuck in our sticky nostalgia.

2 Comments:

Blogger thetick said...

nice one riz, im posting the url on my blog for more folks to enjoy the revivals. my personal fave is "teenage queen" from the mee pok man ost (when their demo cassette came out i was still in school and too broke!)

2:57 AM  
Blogger TIRAMISU said...

Yo man, Teenage Queen is a classic ... timeless...

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home