Saturday, October 21, 2006

Preset and Prequel


A quick self-portrait 20 minutes before the performance.

We are coming to end of the show, the last of 4 performances, the opening night was pretty alright, we had a good mixture of audience. Most of them did not know what to expect, the fact that they were told it was a demonstration. But nevertheless, today was madness, 2 shows, a matinee and the evening piece. Surprisingly, we had a great turn-out for the matinee and a full 90% full in the evening.

As I came out on stage, I could feel the body heat, but its a total experience being intimate with the audience, it is just something about the space that I can't really describe. For the first time in my life, I have to do 6 solo pieces at one go, every performance is a blood rush to the head. Like sprinting with Ben Johnson.

So let us celebrate the last day of performance with a Xie Xie ni Men!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home