Monday, March 12, 2007

The End of Goodman Road

Lasalle SIA College of The Arts, Goodman Road, they will be moving to a new campus next semester. This was the place where many things happened in my life, the first time I was introduced to Life Drawing, Charcoal Drawing, Oil Painting and Digital Imaging. The place where I met sweet old lovers in the dark, spooky stories and many other anecdotes. Where we climbed up to the rooftop and witness fireworks.

Where the same old faces greet you in exchange with their notion of contemporary art, where art jargons like methodology, surface, artificial, superficial, pretentious, free food, hot babes in hot pants and many other jargons.

Well, this is it, the final phase of my Masters, and we are throttling in full gear, no turning back... I can't wait to get back to my normal life, to meet old friends, visiting my mum or playing frisbee with a turtle in the park.

Dang, I can't wait for this final lap. I had lunch with a course mate of mine, he told me, there is no difference for me with or without masters, I will still be working on something. Well I told him, I have never really stopped doing what I have been doing, the fear of stopping and not knowing what to do scare the shit out of me. Even if you tie me down with a thick rope I will still be thinking of something.

Let's wait ... hooplah hey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home