Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The Venizian Dream


The way out to the Boat Terminal from the apartment.

Hsein Lin from Mogas Station in the quaint little apartment in Giuetecca.

Robert taking a power nap in front of Vincent's sculpture.

Night view of Venice, while a bunch of Singaporeans and an Australian finding a nice place to eat.

Venice, Italy
Wednesday, 5th June 2007
06:30hrs

I woke up yesterday searching for the ever-elusive internet access in Giudecca but to no avail. Then, I tried logging in at the café I went yesterday but it didn’t work. Robert woke up earlier than me and he went to take a walk around the island. Walking by the pier in Giudecca seems really nice, a nice and tranquil neighbourhood, like you never know you might bump into Luigi, Ferrero, Marco, Antonio or whoever living in the area.

We spent the day walking around aimlessly again, but this time round, we are more familiar with the landmarks, so that it was pretty much easier to manage in the navigational side of things.

Well, what else to do in Venice, we decided to touch base and hang out at the Singapore Pavillion, it seems like it’s the only place where you know everyone.

Managed to get down to The Orange Bar and had a chat with Biljana, the Shanghai based curator who invited me and she told me Venice is a place where people rip you off big time. Well its true, everything is so expensive that it reaches to a point of ridiculous…

Venice is like London in some ways, expensive and loads of tourists… as the pavilions are all still not open and I have yet to get a hold of my golden ticket to any of the pavilion, we ended up hanging out around the Academia Bridge area.

I have decided not to keep thinking about the exchange rate or I will be famished. So yeah, I will have to pay no matter what, you can’t keep on eating 2 euros pizza everyday. You will go nuts…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home