Monday, October 08, 2007

Seoul Coughing

The works are almost up, except for the speakers for Copper Brown Blues, the funny thing about Seoul is the breaking down in communication. Due to that, we have to wait long hours, for equipments to come or whatever, nobody communicates here. Perhaps its because of language, we will just wait and wait for things to happen.

The countries participating in this show are from Japan, China, Korea and Sinchiapore. I believe we have been co-opted for this show, but that's the way it is...it is part of being in an art world. I am not saying being co-opted is bad, there are positive and negative part of it.

The 8 artists representing Singapore are as such Ye Shufang, Vincent Leow, Michael Lee, Tang Ling Nah, Tan Kai Syng, Terence Lin, Jeremy Sharma and Ritman Putra. Curated by Joyce Fan from The Singapore Art Museum. The 'Kanchongest' curator I have ever seen in my life, she is like curator's version of Irene Phua perhaps. But nevertheless...all is cool...

Shufang and Vincent were my former lecturers, Michael was my external examiner, Ling Nah was my junior when we were in school, Kai Syng is a friend, Jeremy was my classmate and it is my first time meeting Terence, the emerging young artist who's works are pretty laborious.

There you have it, the cast of City_Net exhibition, the showcase of Singapore artists dealing with urban existence and whatsoever. It is getting cold here in Seoul, temperature has dropped from 25 to 16, and all I have is a hoody sweater, its autumn and thank god I am flying off tomorrow to face the truth...that is '120'.

Seoul report

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home