Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Forced Session at The None-Vomitted Bar

Mood: Creative
Music: I Figured You Out by Elliot Smith

Last night, Bar None Session was weird...at some point in time of that blurry moment, I was on stage with Joe and Force Vomit singing 'Another Brick In The Wall'. Me and my nonsense, I had to slot in a refrain from Digable Planet and Vanilla Ice, the only lyrical rap phrase I've known in my entire life. Well I wouldn't count 2 'Live' Crew as part of the list, but hey, all was in the name of rock, fun and doodle.

On the other end, me and Dom were discussing about how great to see dancing beaurecrats ending the day with some dancing, and a girl with a sweater that acts as a cape grooving to James' 'Sit Down'.

We did some rough takes on some Tiramisu songs last night at Sound Mix, well, we sounded horrendous, imagine, back in those days, those jazz band recorded their album live in the studio. We are all little pampered souls...

I am up and feeling creative again, got a lot of crazy/warped/cabaret ideas in my head...received a couple of positive invitation yesterday. Don Bosco (the guitarist of the legendary Twang Bar Kings) who is currently producing some art programme for Arts Central wants me to be part of this new show similar to Art Nation. KYTV's first television interview was for Art Nation, horrifyingly bad experience, I am not a big fan of doing TV interviews, you look so static and most of the time they will cut the chunky informative part and slot in the minor not so meaty details.

Another good news will be the debut for my solo music project, 'Dahlan Francesca' at The Esplanade. Will be trying out new lo-fi soul romantics with Syed Ahmad (Stoned Revivals) in July. So beware, plus before our set, the infamous local 'indie-jazz' siblings, Akira and Sabrina from Moods will be taking the stage.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

fun fun funhouse

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home