Sunday, May 08, 2005

INTOX / DETOX

Friday night's Shanmugam's vigil was solemn, sad and optimistic. Many familiar faces including Rizal, whom I have not seen for ages, he told me he has been travelling around Indonesia. Rizal is a character you can define with in many Indie-films, the Brood-intellectual/Beat/all that jazz individual living in a modern time. A walking encyclopedia, he talks about life, art, music ...anything deeply, but you can't see his work. Once somebody told me, Rizal lives in a house with a light bulb, reads ton of books with cans of stout. You may seem to know him but actually you don't know him at all.

I spent my Friday night at Julie's, celebrating the joyous of living life dangerously. I haven't done this for a long time, you know staying up late till the sun rise, and having cold prata and stale curry. Talking about everything from Techno-Sahara, structure, organisation, oppression, art, life, clowns, and all that swing. Its all different now...lifestyle of the bo ho ho.

Saturday night, was brilliant....again, it felt like I was re-visiting the past, getting cheap highs from the convenience store before hitting it on the dance floor. Akira and gang organised some party at HOME ,(formerly MadMonks) which I think has a better ventilation system, due to the state I was in, I thought we were having some White Xmas Party.

Music was good, lots of mad dancing, old company, new company, weird people from the past, strange gestures...parties will still be parties in 30 years time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home