Friday, July 08, 2005

Seu Jorge is my new idol!

Paula our new cat has been really sick, but I think she's better now. She has been coughing on a regular basis. Now when she meows, she sounds like a toad. And she likes to chill on top of the computer table, and whenever I shift her to another place, she will climb up to her favourite spot again. Sometimes I wonder, of all the things in this world why would I write about cats?

I love the feeling when you have accomplished something, you can actually kick back and relax, watch the stack of dvds in your room and read your favourite books or whatever it is that turn you on.

Recently I watched The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, a great film by Wes Anderson with a stellar cast, Bill Murray, William Dafoe, Cate Blanchett and many more. Of course, a good film always come with great soundtrack, Sigur Ros, Stooges and this Brazilian singer that I am so fascinated with.

Seu Jorge sings bizarre versions of old David Bowie songs - in Portuguese - throughout the film, Jorge's visionary reworkings of 'Rebel Rebel', 'Rock'n'Roll Suicide', 'Life on Mars' and 'Starman' were brilliant! Jorge acted as Knockout Ned in City of God if you can remember that awesome film. SO, I'm not sure if they are showing this film here...I got it from this auntie who sells dvd in Keong Seik Road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home