Thursday, July 28, 2005

Tom Cruise Looking at The Line

Steve's talk was pretty interesting, warm, simple and engaging in a really subtle way. His works strangely reminded me of Robert Longo's early works, I felt there was a sense of 'punk-rock' aesthetic in some of his works which I really like. That wicked sense of mischief was apparent, the harmeless innocence of an 8-year old boy poking fun at the world in an irreverent way. Like being logical but yet embracing the nonsensical ejaculation of banal picturesque. The fact that he is still studying, make me ponder what else will he produce when he is thrown into the vicious art world. 5 thumbs up with flashing light bulb on top of my head.

I am down with a bad flu after a night of merry making at Julie's place, but I had to leave after they started on Sponge Bob. More of a Futurama fan than a talking sponge, but I think cartoons are equally dumb, that's why we adults get the kick out of it.

For some reasons, they are many elements in reality we feel that ought to be in a cartoon, but at times we adults need to get more adult oriented. Naturally/socially/politically, we have to groove into it so that our peers could get hold of the frequency we are in. The socio-normality of a matured world is a constructed pattern of au deu natural, like me for example, I find it hard to accept the fact that I am a 27 year old man. I am not sure of how a man should act like, serious, chin rubbers and flame throwers.

I think I will rest for now ... I am 27 with an imagination of 2 + 7. Fact or fiction? or scientific misconception?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

what "au deu" ? english?

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home