Sunday, January 15, 2006

Alive in Mumbai

Mumbai is a total hardcore place, the food is super good and its not a Little India anymore here, its 14 million people crammed in one Indian City.
They have put us up in a nice hotel, with great restaurants around our area, I just had a fantastic chappati-paratha with Chicken masala, the other I had Chicken Rashida, a dish with a Minah Rocker's name.(as in Taman Rashida Utama by WIngs)

Nevermind that, the workshop has been really good, yesterday was our first day, and I have been drinking loads of water to beat the dusty road and heat. It gets chilly at night, but they have VH-1 in the hotel room, that's fantastic.

The traffic is madness, but like what Effendi said its a visual onslaught, and Nat would say a Cinematic experience. I feel like I am in a Hindi movie sometimes, seeing the workshop participants, some look like MArc Anthony, some look like Hank Azaria, but all in all its been great. Productive and constructive at the same time.

They talked about their daily train rides, from what I heard 5 people die everyday from taking the rides.So I am not sure whether we should give the train ride a shot, but it will be quite an experience.

We have to constantly take care of our belongings, from mobile phones to our hand luggages, cause there are so many people on the streets walking. Its best to be careful...last night I saw a man peeingright in front of my eyes, he was drunk.

What you see in Little India on Sundays is nothing compared to Mumbai on a daily basis, this is India, the smell, the 1001 curry, sweet desserts and Marathi the state language.

We walked pass two Buffaloes who were strolling by the roadside, that was nice...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home