Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Weekender

The weekend was a mixture of tragedy and anxiety, my mum called right before Tiramisu's soundcheck, she told me about the earthquake in Yogyakarta. And I started calling my friends, and there were no reply. Later in the night, Rizky (from NOK) sent me an sms saying that he's alright, just that he lost his house and he spent the night sleeping at the airport. He said everyone is ok, Teater Garasi was torn apart, thank god most of them are now in Tokyo for a project.

Antares is safe too, and he told me about 50 people in his village died. When I was there last year, I had this thought in my mind that if Mt. Merapi would ever erupt, the people in Yogya will be affected. Now that it has happened, I feel so lost, and pray that everyone is ok.

On the other hand, Tiramisu got together again with a new line-up, finally after so long, I had a fantastic time on stage, seeing everyone so happy, the experience was just mind blowing, the energy from the crowd was so electrifying. I am so looking forward for the next one at Home Club on June 10th.

Hopefully, we get the new materials finalised soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home