Monday, September 18, 2006

Monsoon so Soon

The day was pretty much a sombre affair, Tzu Nyen was down with food poisoning and I was there at Caldecott Hill all by myself, 7:15am in the morning for Channel 8's morning show. But nevertheless, they talked to him over a live phone interview, so there was I in a TV studio filled with monstrous lights, and the unknown hosts with thick make-up, the male one kept adjusting his hair in between sets while the female one has a look of a poisonous vixen.

All of these in the name of publicity for the Singapore Biennale, for a while I thought I was already in Taiwan, but no lah... my conversation with the host was deadpan, literal ... with not a single tinge of humour. In my mind, all I wanted to do was to execute an electric boogaloo on site, but I was too tired lah.

I have always interested in the structure of a 'live' tv programme, the hows and the donts.

Well, left the station, reached school, left for the hawker centre for a cup of coffee and some prata, while reading Debord's Society of The Spectacle. As I came back, saw my tutor, had some smokes, and ended up having tutorial on Plato's cave, Deleuze, Nietzsche and Ilyad... Information Overload ... Thank god I had breakfast...

Then, met Santa Rob, went for coffee again, talked about thesis, life, narcotics, farming and Francis Ng. As the rain got heavier, we decided to stick around for lunch.

There was this girl who looked lost, came to me and asked for a turorial, ok cool, finally I am needed somehow. She told me, she was doing something on clouds and sky. And I said why? She said she wanted to share the feeling, and she could not decide between painting or installation.

I was flipping the pages of her sketchbook, and I saw a line," My mum is down with cancer, and I want to see her live through this."

Then I told her, your work is about spirituality and this is your journey.....

1 Comments:

Blogger z e r o said...

That's my classmate bro, great advise u gave her..

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home