Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Hip Hop: Sounds like a Plan!


Somebody warned me, there is going to be a Hip Hop Invasion soon, if Hip Hop Sontol was controversial, they are more gangsta!

MPs to perform hip hop dance moves at Chingay Parade next February
By May Wong, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 03 October 2006 1650 hrs

SINGAPORE: Members of Parliament from the post-65 generation will be performing hip hop dance moves at the Chingay Parade next year.

The parade will be held along Orchard Road on February 23 and 24.

The 12 post-65 MPs will perform with 300 hip hop dancers at the Chingay Parade.

"The whole process was very enjoyable because the Post-65 MPs, the P-65 team, are very close, so we had a lot of fun doing it. It's more because of the closeness that we have and learning a new dance skills that we're coming forward to also participate in the Chingay," said Teo Ser Luck, Parliamentary Secretary, Community Development, Youth and Sports Ministry.

A few of them are not embarrassed to admit that hip hop is not their cup of tea.

"I have two left feet, I can't dance but I enjoyed myself. I showed my kids what I did, then they went "mum, loosen up a bit!" My kids can dance but I can't," said Jessica Tan, MP, East Coast GRC.

"That's part of the fun - to laugh at yourself, to have a sense of humour about everything and that's what we're trying to do as P-65 MPs, trying to connect with the youth and having fun with them, that's the main thing," said Chris de souza, MP, Holland-Bukit Timah GRC.

"All of us are having fun. It's not important whether we perform well, we dance well or whether we look professional on tv or during the parade. Most importantly, we have to connect with the youths of today," said Lam Pin Min, MP, Ang Mo Kio GRC.

Aside from the MPs' performance, the Chingay Parade will feature colourful floats and various activities.

Stretching along Orchard Road from Liat Towers to Orchard Plaza, it's expected to attract some 200,000 people. - CNA /dt


If you can't believe what you read, you can see the moving images, and question, is that a parody, controversy or a conspiracy?

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/233752/1/.html

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't think of any hidden agendas, but I know that MPs hip hopping wouldn't be a pretty sight man!

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's a conspiracy to make us laugh until the sides hurt

10:37 AM  
Blogger TIRAMISU said...

JY: I am not sure about you, but I am going to the Chingay to see the Hip Hopping MPs!

Ironhead: Not only the sides, but around the crotch too!

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home