Monday, February 12, 2007

Hello Osaka!


My ryokan, taken care by a hyper lady called Masako san. Had a fantastic Japanese breakfast, genuine and authentic.


The train ride that cost ¥10 700 from the airport to the city. That is about SGD 100 plus. Welcome to madness...


Kansai Airport at 5:30am, all quiet and hush hush...

I have arrived in Osaka, special thanks to Mr Snore, I had difficulties in sleeping in the plane, the food was good. Thai Airways always have good food, maybe because their in flight entertainment is crappy. I didn't realise that I had to transit in Bangkok for 3 hours.

Upon arrival, at Kansai, I had to go through this ritualistic quarantine situation, everyone had to step on this carpet that smell like disinfectant. This only apply for those who have travelled to South America, South East Asia or Africa. Why? Maybe because we have all kinds of disease.

I was stopped by the customs, they asked me for my reason in Osaka, so I showed them the documents, told them I was a performer. Then the officer showed me a file with photos of 1001 drugs in the world or such. He then proceeded and rummaged through my bag, and the best part was when he took out my briefcase of props that include my sequinned top and big wig. There you have it, they thought I was a clown in a circus. With everyone staring at me, and me I just smiled and let him re-packed big ass bag. Not all performers are junkies, they only eat a lot of junk. I should have placed a used lingerie in my luggage next time round.

Anyway, Fumi, the festival manager picked me up from the airport. It was a pretty long journey from the airport to the hotel, got to catch some sleep before technical meeting later. Domo arigato.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home