Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Ohio Go Zai Mas tek

Osaka Day 2
Wednesday, 14th February, 13:20 hrs.

I fell asleep pretty early last night, not sure why, the weather is making me pretty lazy. It is drizzling at this moment, pretty chilly, thought of checking out the area around the hotel. I saw more pachinko (Gambling place) than usual, and a lot of young kids hanging out.

I met Jecko Siompo from Indonesia, a 40 year old former Hip Hop/B-boy dancer who is now moving into doing contemporary dance. A mixed Papua and Java descent, who is quite a figure, hung out with him over tea. He is like a cross between James Brown, Rick James and Eddie Murphy, but a dancer. Interesting character nevertheless, he was one of the dancers who did King Lear with Ong Keng Sen in 1995.

The technical meeting was quite a breeze, the Australian group was having some technical problem, their props did not arrive on time. A little bit tough on their side, my meeting was pretty alright, I didn’t really have a proper lighting plan. Punk Rock Ethos in dance …

I would see it as a rather collaborative effort between myself with the lighting designer. 5 performances from 5 different countries within 2 and a half hours will be pretty crazy. I am not sure how the audience are going to digest all the performance.

Maria told me Dancebox is located in an unused mall, it’s a huge ass mall with a theme park smack in between. I asked him why, he told me no one is interested to come anymore, partly because there are just too many malls in Osaka.

Jet is performing tonight, and Deftones will be on this Friday. This wet weather is good for staying indoors and sip on green tea.

1 Comments:

Blogger outofmyhair said...

The best of luck for your performance love.. Really wish I was there to support you.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home