Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Union of Souls

Last weekend was one of the most intense weekend I have ever had in relation to weddings. All in all I went to 3 weddings, I am not sure of how to decipher the notion of an auspicious date. Wherever I go, there were weddings taking place, under the void decks, in restaurants, couples were posing outdoors in their most loving poses... I guess 7/7/7 is special to a lot of people.

Its time for merry cheery I guess, my former schoolmate/band mate got married last weekend, and I was assigned to sing for his wedding together with the wedding planner Akira and my Bee Strompol. I am a nervous wreck when it comes to singing in weddings, not sure why, it is worst than any other performances that I have been involved in. Probably its just expectations but nevertheless I tried my best butchering up songs by Billy Joel, UB40, Beatles and other classic evergreen hits.

Me + guitar + singing = scary

4 Comments:

Blogger mad lynette said...

i thought you and your bee strompol sang very well together that day. your voices complimented one another very well. i enjoyed it very much indeed and told my jeremy about it. i said to him "abang, don't you think their voices together sound like make voodoo?". hope to catch more of your duet at more weddings in future har. the food also very delish, too bad i couldn't stay very long. i tire easily nowadays.

12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...Grief is kind of glue too, that the essence of humanity is this empathy, and that we fall together in that moment of tenderest perception when we see and feel each other's wounds and know another's sorrow like a brother of our own..." And...that what I called by a union of souls. Good luck and all the best! (Naomi)

1:39 AM  
Blogger TIRAMISU said...

Mad lynette- we enjoy singing with each other, but I always screwed up singing in weddings, but I tried my best lah...though I still think her voice is so soulful.

Naomi- I didn't have any title in mine, so I took the title from Blessid Union of Souls, it could relate direct or indirectly to what I have written, I am a very random person.

3:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tiramisu...I love the title, and also the story...Isn't that what we called by "the mistery of world's big time misery". Hehehe...I'm a very randome person too... :)

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home