Tuesday, October 16, 2007

One Hundred and Twenty



The only way to sum up for 120 is just plain memorable, something that you love and hate at the same time. The crew was great, performing with Uncle Alex and Rosie, the cast, the asistants, the building, the stories and the pre and post performance syndrome.

It was a challenge, to be thrown into the pit of unknown and extracting everything out and puke them all out to become a new creation. I never felt so sacred singing the National Anthem and P Ramlee's Getaran Jiwa was just out of this world. I have always wanted to sing that song and plus the fact that Uncle Alex played the guitar.

I deserve a good rest, the process of 120 was compressed, 3 weks prior to performance we had to conceptualise really fast, we have to think constantly about the piece 24/7. Even when I was in Seoul, I was still doodling the manga for the Yamashita scene. I never taught History would make people work their asses...

2 Comments:

Blogger Ng Yi-Sheng said...

My friend really liked the Yamashita piece. How come you never take photo wearing your headdress?

12:29 PM  
Blogger TIRAMISU said...

I had too many things to carry, my guitar, LED lights and my matrix shades...my camera was out of reach...

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home