Thursday, January 22, 2009

Strange Overtones



2 days ago, I managed to watch the man himself David Byrne at Suntec, it was one of the best concert that I have ever been. Special thanks to my mrs for buying me a seat. I was surprised to see the middle age caucasian crowd filling up at least 75% pf the seats.

David Byrne has always been a great inspiration for me musically, with his song writing and his ability to combine arts in different form. Experiencing the concert was like witnessing a theatre piece. There was dance, music and spirituality. Loads of surprises... and the sound was just amazing. He played I Zimbra which is like one of my favourite Heads track plus Once in a Lifetime. Of course I waited for Psycho Killer, probably its not in the setlist, maybe its like Byrne's Smells Like Teen Spirit.

But anyway, I am inspired and ready to go again...same as it ever was!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home