Thursday, May 12, 2005

STAR WARS fever is back again!

I borrowed a documentary on the Star Wars Trilogy from the library, its 2 hours long, the dvd captured the in depth, rare behind-the-scene footages and loads of George Lucas in pensive mode shots. The quasi hippie Industrial, Light and Magic crew, X-Wing fighters models....loads of them.

The whole day was devoted to thinking about Lucas and his vision/empire, Episode I and II, were a huge disappointment I would say. I am not sure how relevant STAR WARS is now in an era of broadband, Playstation and XBOX.

I grew up embracing the Force, there's no doubt about it. There was even the Star Wars ice cream, if you grew up in the 80s, Star Wars were like the milestone of your life, maybe...I remember my dad brought us to cinema to catch Return of The Jedi, super awesome. We got back home, me and my brother will find umbrellas or broomsticks, we imagined they were real light sabers.

My brother always fought for his position as Han Solo or Luke Skywalker, then for me, I was the Ewok or R2D2 (I was only 5 years old). I still can remember all these moments, we had a huge collection of Star Wars figurines, and sometimes we got so intense into the fighting mode that we would burn their heads off...so most of the faces were either charred or gone from their necks.

I admire Lucas truly for his vision, commitment and passion. He inspired Peter Jackson, James Cameron to name a few. His mates were Spielberg, De Palma and Ford Coppola.We can never get back to those golden era of Solid Gold and Liat Towers' B-Boys.

amazing

1 Comments:

Blogger Dazed and Confused Ili said...

yesyes. for ultimate spoilers goto malaise.

till thn, see you at the ticket que.

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home