Monday, May 16, 2005

The Wedding of The Sweetest Thing

The funniest thing about wedding, sometimes or most of the time with or without consent, it brings people together. Yes, under one roof, for the first time ever, 2 of my ex-girlfriends and together with my present one all under one roof in an event of our blessed union of souls. Amazing.

And the different tables were like a seperation between the classic, neo-classic and the Al Capone. Seriously, it felt like a strange tension was in the air, like a triad meeting except that we didn't have guns, but a whole nostalgic ammo in our heads.

The bodies were familiar with each other historically, so it felt like floating in between skins, old wound, old flame, new misery and optimistic upsurge.

Well, and I've known Mimi since the days of my infamous intoxicated sand-dipped, psychedelic journey through velvet landscapes and sonic lush, warped relationships and other assorted fruitful mayhem. I was forced to believe that she is Mrs Mimi, like for example, now if she plays the bass, we have to remind ourselves, that's Mrs Mimi on bass. Wow!

Its like a replica of 'Thurston Moore-Kim Gordon' magical dream come true.

I've been getting loads of invitations, next week, my primary school classmate whom I've not seen for 15 years will be getting married. And all this is because her mum met my mum in a market. Can you believe that? Its a diabolical network of International Invitation, its a mafia-like structure where everybody knows everybody in this small town.

I love weddings if they come with the the BatuQadar Kompang troupe, the gossiping aunts, the fantastic food, the hangers on, the unwed youths, the overwhelming stage decor, the tradional dancersand the souveniers.

Likewise, we had champagne and wine glasses for souveniers, how thoughtful of Mimi, for giving us such important gifts. We are all united again as one, in the name of love...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home