Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Alexithymia and Jogging

On alternate days, jogging seems to be the highlight of my life, with ONETWODELTA and my Ipod. I find it stimulating, normally I will put the tracks on shuffle, and depending on the situation, sometimes you get the sedated Vincent Gallo on and your pace will be slowed down. Then, it will just kickstart to Asian Dub Foundation, the pace then will get more intense.

I beginning to feel the pain in my knees, probably because of my weary joints, I need to drink lots of milk perhaps. The mind still thinking about the Army days where we could easily do a 5 -7 km run. Its different now, we have to really take it slow.

That's the thing about Siglap, you can run to the Beach within 15 minutes or so, and enjoy the scenery of couples in their intimate sessions, families chomping their chili crabs, Bangledeshi workers drinking their Todi, odd low-riders and of course the traditional dog walkers.

The journey towards a calm mind is what I am heading towards, no matter how chaotic the situation around me is, I want to be at peace with myself. The observer observing the observed, or a voyeur of life. Learning how to detach myself from situation that I don't want to be in. I may sound like I am all shrewed down to a minuscule soul, but I think this is a form of re-invention.

The book that I was talking about is 'Nothing's Wrong: A Man's Guide to Managing His Feelings', yes I know, the title sounds cuckoo, but I read it at one go. Only when I feel the book is good, I will do such a thing. Anyway, this is something from the book I would like to share which I have learnt.

Alexithymia:
"Difficulty in describing or recognizing one's emotions..." The word is "used to describe persons who define emotions only in terms of bodily sensations or behavioral reaction..." - Psychiatric Dictionary

I guess we are all Alexithymias, more apparent for artists and performers alike, we store it, then we react to it in a form of expression. Well I guess that make all of us artists and performers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cookiss99 said...

"I tell you: one must have chaos in one to give birth to a dancing star. I tell you: you still have chaos in you." - Friedrich Nietzsche 

4:48 PM  
Blogger TIRAMISU said...

My chaos is contained in within the perimeters of my mind. But I puke chaos out into the open, releasing all of them out with every ounce of my stored energy...the end result is always a form of relief and satisfaction.

2:17 AM  
Blogger Cookiss99 said...

no wonder you are a sorta of a dancing star! Good! I hope you feel better now!

4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home