Monday, April 16, 2007

Documenta 12, Kassel in July


Bjorn Melhus at his beautiful best.

The next 2 weeks, I will be involved in 2 productions, this week will be 'Because We Have Big Mouths' and next week will be nothing. There is no doubt I have been abandoning my rightful school duties for better pastures outside the institution. Someone once said, contemporary art does not happen in an art school, it is happening outside. Maybe I get bored easily, with the ever so sleepy art college mentality. Or it could be just an excuse to get my butt moving so that I won't feel bored.

Nevertheless, it is going to be pretty exciting times ahead. Institution is always a love/hate relationship, and I have been selected to be part of the International Workshop for Art Academies in Kassel in July. Where Documenta 12 will be happening. Yes, Documenta 12... the art event that only happens once in every 5 years. An exhibition which have featured from Picasso to Beuys...for the past 6 decades.

http://www.openspacekassel.de/

The person who is organising this event is Bjorn Melhus who is famous for his media intergrated works of multiple personality disorder. I didn't realise it was him who will be organising this event, till a course mate of mine pointed it out... wohoo!

1 Comments:

Blogger TIRAMISU said...

Hi Ian, I am excited and I'm oozing with juice of joy! By the way, do you still paint?

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home