Sunday, June 26, 2005

The Birth of Francesca and other Melodies

Well, finally I have managed to release the guitar playing demon in me at Hideout last night. I wouldn't say it was a pow wow performance, but Dancing Queen turned out pretty ok and it felt fantastic with the great sing along. My dad used to play it all the time in the house back then and recently I heard U2 did the exact cover.

Special thanks to Joe and Pat (chromatic tuner) for the technical assistance, and I need to go for a guitar/singing training. Pat did a cover of Violent Femmes, 'Blister In The Sun'. Reminded me so much of Art College days.

After Hideout, trooped down to Home for PopTart, and met loads of people I have not met for years. BMT mates, former working colleagues, school mates who introduced to their new collegues who were trying to form a new art collective.

But I discovered a new method of 'polite pogoing', you tap anyone on the shoulder and you borrow their shoulders and do a quick mini pogo up as high as possible. Its fun, addictive and contagious. The things you do on a crazy weekend.

Will be heading down to Theatreworks Garage sale in a bit, will try and find nice costumes or such. Got loads of things to do for next week, its going to be intense drawing and gathering new materials for Dahlan Francesca next Volume.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home