Sunday, June 11, 2006

For The Crowd



Last night was fantastic, even though England was playing against Paraguay, Tiramisu performed to a crowd of less than 20, it felt like a Jam session on stage, I love performing in front of really small crowd partly because the energy can be so contained. Joe and friends were there, special thanks to Zai and Onistudio, with Terence who did a fantastic job with the sound.

I am not sure the connection with Onistudio and World Cup, I remember when KYTV performed 4 years ago in front of 4 people in the space at Zai's space, but it was one of the most important performance of my life actually. We didn't make money, but we had some money for food; and we had chicken curry and bread after the show.

World Cup fever is not a sin, I used to watch loads of soccer when I was young, until I realised its better to observe people watching soccer, and I remember a gig not long ago, when Moods played at Barcelona Pub, they had a soccer match on the telly at the same time. While Moods were playing, the audience were watching soccer, strange, sad and devastating at the same time.

Like art and commerce can't really be togther, same goes to Sports and Music, both powerful mediums. When they come together, it gets pretty jittery, no doubt Bob Marley played soccer in Trenchtown, but he I guess he would not recommend a lethal combination of both at the same time. It is just too potent, like taking cough syrup and eating Durian.

Then I question, if there is a world cup for Golf, Bowling, Dodge ball, Chess, Othello, wow...it must be really going to be awesome shit, what if there is only sports in the world, no arts, music or anything else? Besides emotions and feelings, we have SPORTS? And on the radio we have only Sports commentary....hmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home