Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Updating my Life

The second half of the year is coming soon, I never realised that time is passing in their rapid ways. Tiramisu won the best live band award, organised by Style-Asia last Saturday night. Strange, we did not expect to win, the fact that we were competing against Wicked Aura, the mother of all live act, but well it was a nice surprise. So its an unexpected yay!

*Nothing* by Cake went pretty alright last week, I enjoyed being part of it nevertheless. Working with a great bunch of people. Now the real test will be my residency at Theatreworks at the end of the month. I have roped in Robert Guth and Zul Mahmod for the project. I am nervous and excited at the same time. Not sure what to expect.

Films and documentaries that I have watched the last couple of weeks:

1. Kids by Larry Clark
2. Babel by Alejandro Gonzalez
3. Apocalypto by Mel Gibson
4. Shortbus by John Cameron Mitchell
5. American Hardcore (Documentary) by Paul Rachman
6. Imagine the Sound (Documentary) by Ron Mann
7. The Lost Suitcase by Richard Oh
8. Opera Jawa by Garin Nugroho
9. Basquiat by Julian Schanabel

I find pleasure in watching films in my quiet time...

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

long time never see u online. anyway i jus got back from tama 07 , the philippines art fest. Now u would have known chin ian, he is also working for CAKE productions. hah.this is a small, pathetically small world. If the world is large, then I will retreat to my little nesthole tonight. cheers rizamnanputra!love, nat

4:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woot! congrats rizman wish i could've been there to catch u guys.

2:13 AM  
Blogger TIRAMISU said...

Nat: I have been extremely busy....haven't had the time to find time for myself. Yes Ian Loy is a nice man..

Clare: European Summer will be a hot and dry affair nevertheless.

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were forced to watch apocalypto all thanx to me.haha.

7:37 AM  
Blogger outofmyhair said...

Strompol, I'm sorry about the lost suitcase.. I was pretty much lost too.. But I enjoyed every minute of the opera jawa.. It was beautiful. Looking forward to many many years of film fest with you dearest..

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home